Princeton in Spain
Princeton in Spain 2020 will be from May 30 - June 27.
Princeton in Spain is an intensive summer program built around Princeton University courses and led by Princeton faculty in Toledo.
Princeton in Spain was founded in 2008 in partnership with the Fundación José Ortega y Gasset - Gregorio Marañón, a private, non-profit making institution devoted to cultural activities, debate and research for the dissemination of the Social Sciences and Humanities. In Toledo, the Fundación José Ortega y Gasset - Gregorio Marañón (FOM) is based in a privileged enclave, the former convent of San Juan de la Penitencia.
The program is designed for those advanced Spanish students interested in reinforcing and furthering their knowledge of Spanish language, culture, history and society through a four-week immersive experience. Fully in line with Princeton’s interest in the internationalization of our students, Princeton in Spain offers a combination of relevant classes, lectures and excursions, as well as the opportunity to work with the community in local institutions and to meet with local students for conversation exchange. Read more about the study abroad experience from past participants.
- Program Director: Prof. Alberto Bruzos Moro
- Led by Prof. Alberto Bruzos Moro and Prof. Germán Labrador Méndez
- Classes are exclusively for Princeton students.
- Class content and syllabi provided or supervised by Princeton.
- Based in Toledo, Spain.
- Open to current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
- Maximum of 30 students, divided into two levels.
- Courses: SPA 207S, Studies in Spanish Language and Style (for students who have completed the language requirement), and SPA 310S, Spanish Art and Culture (for students who have taken at least one SPA course at the 200 level).
- Weekly excursions and one weekend excursion.
- The program fee for 2020 TBD. The program fee for 2019 was $4,700 (Covers tuition which is $3,206, and home-stay or dorm with three meals per day which is $1,494) Airfare, pocket money, and passport fees are not included. Please see FAQs for more information about out-of-pocket expenses.
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding the application process, please check the FAQ page.
Students will apply through the Global Programs System (GPS).
Applications will open on December 1, 2019 and will be due on January 31, 2020.
Students are encouraged to complete their application as soon as possible to be interviewed beginning in January.