Princeton in Spain
Princeton in Spain is an intensive summer program built around Princeton University courses and led by Princeton faculty in Toledo. The program will take place from June 1- June 29, 2019.
Princeton in Spain was founded in 2008 in partnership with the Fundación José Ortega y Gasset - Gregorio Marañón, a private, non-profit making institution devoted to cultural activities, debate and research for the dissemination of the Social Sciences and Humanities. In Toledo, the Fundación José Ortega y Gasset - Gregorio Marañón (FOM) is based in a privileged enclave, the former convent of San Juan de la Penitencia.
The program is designed for those advanced Spanish students interested in reinforcing and furthering their knowledge of Spanish language, culture, history and society through a four-week immersive experience. Fully in line with Princeton’s interest in the internationalization of our students, Princeton in Spain offers a combination of relevant classes, lectures and excursions, as well as the opportunity to work with the community in local institutions and to meet with local students for conversation exchange.
- Classes are exclusively for Princeton students.
- Class content and syllabi provided or supervised by Princeton.
- Led by Prof. Alberto Bruzos Moro and Prof. Nicole Legnani.
- Based in Toledo, Spain.
- Open to current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
- Maximum of 30 students, divided into two levels.
- Courses: SPA 207S, Studies in Spanish Language and Style (for students who have completed the language requirement), and SPA 310S, Spanish Art and Culture (for students who have taken at least one SPA course at the 200 level).
- Weekly excursions and one weekend excursion.
- The cost (TBD for 2019) for 2018 is $4,900 (Covers tuition, excursions, and home-stay or dorm with three meals per day.) Airfare, books, pocket money, and passport fees are not included. Please see FAQs for more information about out-of-pocket expenses.
For more information, contact Prof. Alberto Bruzos Moro.
Students will apply through the Global Programs System (GPS). We will begin accepting applications on Monday, January 7, 2019. Please follow the instructions in GPS.
Applications are due February 14, 2019
- Students on financial aid are eligible to receive a scholarship from the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
- Students on financial aid are also encouraged to apply for a grant from Princeton’s Office of International Programs.
- If you receive Princeton need-based aid during the academic year, you may contact the Financial Aid Office to request a subsidized student loan for approved summer programs.
- Special consideration will be given to students planning to concentrate in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.