Princeton in Argentina
Buenos Aires offers an ideal setting for a summer study abroad program. It is a very safe city in comparison with other Latin American metropolises and it remains one of the most affordable choices in terms of transportation, accommodations, and meals. It has an extraordinarily vibrant intellectual life and a rich popular and political culture. It will provide our students with the opportunity to consider and examine many of the most pressing current social and political issues. Read more about the study abroad experience from past participants.
- Program Director: Prof. Gabriela Nouzeilles
- Classes are exclusively for Princeton students.
- Class content provided or supervised by Princeton faculty.
- Based in Buenos Aires.
- Maximum of 30 students, divided into two levels.
Courses: SPA 208S: Language in Context: Urban Cultures of Buenos Aires (for students who have completed the language requirement) and SPA 342S/LAS 342S: Topics in Latin American Modernity: Politics of Culture in Modern Argentina (prerequisite: SPA 207 or equivalent).
- Weekly excursions.
- The program fee for 2020 TBD. The program fee for 2019 was $4,800 (Tuition is $3,200, and home-stay with two meals per day (breakfast and dinner) seven days a week is $1,600). Airfare, lunch, pocket money, and passport fees are not included. Please see FAQs for more details about out-of-pocket expenses.
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding the application process, please check the FAQ page.
Students will apply through the Global Programs System (GPS). More information about applications coming soon.