Princeton in Argentina
Summer 2021 virtual course information is available on this webpage.
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese offers a study abroad summer program in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in collaboration with the Universidad Torcuato Di Tella (UTDT). The program will feature five weeks of instruction, designed and coordinated by Princeton faculty. In order to facilitate intensive culture and language immersion, all students will stay with host families.
Buenos Aires offers an ideal setting for a summer study abroad program. It is a very safe city in comparison with other Latin American metropolises and it remains one of the most affordable choices in terms of transportation, accommodations, and meals. It has an extraordinarily vibrant intellectual life and a rich popular and political culture. It will provide our students with the opportunity to consider and examine many of the most pressing current social and political issues. Read more about the study abroad experience from past participants.
View highlights from Princeton in Argentina 2019 by Tori Styers ’21.
- Program Director: Prof. Gabriela Nouzeilles
- Classes are exclusively for Princeton students.
- Class content provided or supervised by Princeton faculty.
- Based in Buenos Aires.
- Courses: SPA 208S: Language in Context: Urban Cultures of Buenos Aires (for students who have completed the language requirement) and SPA 342S/LAS 342S: Topics in Latin American Modernity: Politics of Culture in Modern Argentina (prerequisite: SPA 207 or equivalent).
- Weekly excursions.
- The program fee for 2020 is $4,000 (Covers the course fee which is $2,650, and home-stay with two meals per day (breakfast and dinner) seven days a week which is $1,350). Airfare, lunch, pocket money, and passport fees are not included. Please see FAQs for more details about out-of-pocket expenses.
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding the application process, please check the FAQ page.
Students will apply through the Global Programs System (GPS).
Application information TBD.
Students are encouraged to complete their application as soon as possible before the application deadline.