Princeton in Argentina
Buenos Aires offers an ideal setting for a summer study abroad program. It is a very safe city in comparison with other Latin American metropolises and it remains one of the most affordable choices in terms of transportation, accommodations, and meals. It has an extraordinarily vibrant intellectual life and a rich popular and political culture. It will provide our students with the opportunity to consider and examine many of the most pressing current social and political issues. Read more about the study abroad experience from past participants.
- Classes are exclusively for Princeton students.
- Class content provided or supervised by Princeton faculty.
- Based in Buenos Aires.
- Maximum of 30 students, divided into two levels.
Courses: SPA 208S: Language in Context: Urban Cultures of Buenos Aires (for students who have completed the language requirement) and SPA 342S/LAS 342S: Topics in Latin American Modernity: Politics of Culture in Modern Argentina (prerequisite: SPA 207 or equivalent).
- Directed by Prof. Gabriela Nouzeilles.
- Weekly excursions.
- The program fee (TBD for 2019) for 2018 is $4,600 (Covers tuition, excursions, and home-stay with two meals per day (breakfast and dinner) seven days a week). Airfare, lunch, pocket money, and passport fees are not included. Please see FAQs for more details about out-of-pocket expenses.
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding the application process, please check the FAQ page.
Students will apply through the Global Programs System (GPS). We will begin accepting applications on Monday, January 7, 2019. Please follow the instructions in GPS.
Applications are due February 14, 2019
For more information about the program schedule and courses, contact Prof. Gabriela Nouzeilles.
If you have questions about the application process, contact Michelle Tong.
If you have questions about financial assistance, contact Karen González.