Take part in the SPO lounge discussion and view the work of SPO Visiting Fellow Researcher Fabiana Carelli. This discussion will be conducted in Portuguese.
Fulbright Alumni Panel
Join three Princeton alumni currently abroad on Fulbright awards for an informal, interactive session about their experiences—and their advice for future applicants:
– Harrison Blackman ’17, History, Fulbright research award to Cyprus
– Cecilia Hsu ’20, Spanish & Portuguese,…
This roundtable conversation explores the current political landscape in Latin America. With a focus on Puerto Rico, Colombia, and Mexico, discussants will address the roots of social unrest and state of repression, and offer insight into the major challenges facing each nation.
This roundtable conversation explores the current political scenarios in Latin America. With a focus on Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador and Argentina, discussants will address the roots of the mass protests, the violent forms of State repression, and the possible political futures of the region. Read more
The panel will address the complexity of the mass migration of Venezuelans in the recent past, a displacement that constitues the largest exodus from any Latin American country in history. País Portátil will also discuss the resulting borderland crisis between Venezuela and its neighbor Colombia and the challenges currently confronting…
On the Occasion of Professor Angel Loureiro’s RetirementFriday, November 16
9:00 am - Breakfast and Welcoming Reception
9:30 am - Opening Remarks
9:45 - 11:30 am - Passions for Democracy
Presenter: Yangyou Fang (Princeton University)
- Discussions will be held in Portuguese and English
- Faculty, students, staff -- all are welcome!
- For freshmen and sophomores interested in the 2012 Princeton in Spain summer program
- Free and open to the public
- Free and open to the public. Films will be screened in the original language with English subtitles.
- Free and open to the public.
- Free and open to the public. Please send an email to Silvana Bishop (email@example.com) to register for this workshop.
- Free and open to the public. Round table followed by discussion in Spanish and English.
- Free and open to the public. Discussions will be held in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Interested students should contact Prof. Antonio Calvo (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance to register for the exam.
- Introduction by Gabriela Nouzeilles
- Open to faculty, staff and students
- Open to graduate students in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- Open to Princeton in Spain participants
- Open to the public
- Public lecture in Spanish