The Boquitas Pintadas Film Club will be screening Destello Bravío (Mighty Flash), the first feature film by Spanish director Ainhoa Rodríguez.
The Colombian Studies Group at Princeton and The Boquitas Pintadas Film Club invite you to a screening of the award-winning documentary "Pizarro" (2016), this Thursday, Sept 29 at 8 pm in East Pyne Hall 010.
This screening of "Pizarro" is part of the Colombia Migrant International Film Festival, which will showcase movies in 11…
After studying film in Mexico, López Gallardo worked as a film editor alongside some of the most cutting-edge directors of recent Latin American cinema, such as Argentinian Lisandro Alonso (Los muertos, 2004), and Mexicans Amat Escalante (Heli, 2013) and Carlos Reygadas (Post Tenebras Lux, 2012; Luz silenciosa, 2007).
Screening of Buenos días España (Sara Pisos, 2017), followed by a colloquium.
This event has a double structure, seeking to both present the Hamaca Platform to graduate students from SPO and other departments and discuss one of its most striking works, Buenos días España (Sara Pisos…
The Boquitas Pintadas Club, a space for cinema and discussions held by Spanish and Portuguese students that started last fall, is finally back. On this occasion, we will watch and discuss the classic Cría Cuervos (1976), by renowned Spanish director Carlos Saura. Cría Cuervos takes a particular look at Franco's Dictatorship…
Film screening and discussion with filmmaker Vladimir Ceballos
Vladimir Ceballos Santos is a Cuban filmmaker based in Providence, Rhode Island. A graduate of the Instituto Superior de Arte in Havana, he produced nationally acclaimed short films and documentaries, such as Selliet (winner, critic’s prize at the Young Film Festival in…
The club is open to the entire graduate student and faculty/staff community at Princeton.
The Boquitas Pintadas Club, a film club hosted by students from the Spanish and Portuguese Department, will hold its third screening of the fall semester, after two successful events in which contemporary Latin American and Brazilian…
With English Subtitles
Reception to Follow
Free and open to the public
Women*s Center (Frist 243), 10:00am-Noon
The Poetics of Fragility Screening and Conversation with Lata Mani
McCormick 106, 5:00PM-7:00PM
- Discussions will be held in Portuguese and English
- Faculty, students, staff -- all are welcome!
- For freshmen and sophomores interested in the 2012 Princeton in Spain summer program
- Free and open to the public
- Free and open to the public. Films will be screened in the original language with English subtitles.
- Free and open to the public.
- Free and open to the public. Please send an email to Silvana Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for this workshop.
- Free and open to the public. Round table followed by discussion in Spanish and English.
- Free and open to the public. Discussions will be held in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Interested students should contact Prof. Antonio Calvo (email@example.com) in advance to register for the exam.
- Introduction by Gabriela Nouzeilles
- Open to faculty, staff and students
- Open to graduate students in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- Open to Princeton in Spain participants
- Open to the public
- Public lecture in Spanish