- Does SPA 342S/ LAS 342S fulfill a distribution requirement? Yes, it counts as an LA. SPA 207S does not fulfill a distribution requirement.
- Can the courses be taken pass/fail? No.
- Do I need a passport and/or visa to travel to Argentina? Yes, you must obtain or renew your passport prior to the trip. U.S. citizens need only a passport for stays of up to 90 days. Some non-US citizens may need a visa in addition to a passport. Visa information can be found on the Consulate’s web site. Passport and visa processing may take weeks; please apply early.
- When should I plan to arrive and depart Buenos Aires? You should plan to arrive on Saturday, June 10th, and depart on Saturday, July 22nd. Classes end on Thursday, July 20th, but you can stay until Saturday.
- May I arrive to the program late? No. The program is very intensive and group orientation from the beginning is very important. No exceptions will be made.
- Which airport should I fly into? Ezeiza airport (EZE)
- How will I get from the airport to my homestay? You can take a cab from the airport with a company called Taxi Ezeiza. You will pay a flat rate of 180 pesos. You can decide whether to share the taxi with a classmate or go on your own.
- What additional costs will there be? You will need to pay for your roundtrip transportation to/from Argentina, approximately $1,500. You may have to pay fees to obtain or renew your passport or visa. These fees vary. Lodging and two meals per day (breakfast and dinner) are provided. Weekend dinners are not included. You should have approximately $1,125 for meals on your own, refreshments, local public transportation, toiletries and other incidentals. Books and/or course packets will cost around $50.
- What are the details of the homestays? The host families generally live in apartments or houses in Belgrano or neighborhoods nearby, such as Barrio Norte and Palermo. These areas provide students with easy access to Belgrano University's main facility. Families will provide breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday. Each student is provided with a room of his or her own with WIFI access.
- Will financial aid cover the summer program? Financial aid does not carry through the summer. If you are currently receiving financial aid, you may apply for a loan for up to the total cost of the program less any other University grants or scholarships you receive. The Department will award a limited number of scholarships to students on financial aid. Students may also apply to the Office of International Programs for a grant from Dean's Fund for Study Abroad. Please be aware that the application deadlines may vary. You do not have to wait for acceptance to the program in order to apply for a grant.
- Do I need to purchase health insurance?
Purchasing international health care coverage may enable the traveler to obtain medical care, at certain facilities, without large financial outlay prior to treatment. More information can be found with our preferred insurer, HTH Worldwide.